Here at Magee Dental Care we provide:
- NHS Dental Treatments
- Private Dental Treatments
- Cosmetic Dental Treatments
- Hygienist Appointments
- Facial Aesthetics
To Register for NHS Dental Treatment
To register for Health Service dental treatment, please bring in:
- Your medical card
- Proof of current address if different to that on your medical card
- If over 18 years old, photographic proof of identity
To obtain a medical card, you need to register with a GP practice in Northern Ireland.
If you have lost your medical card, you can apply for a replacement card by completing form HS100 (downloadable from www.hscbusiness.hscni.net)
When making an appointment some standard personal data will be required to provide you with dental care. We treat this information as private and confidential, and will not disclose your data to third parties without your express consent. Magee Dental Care is committed to safeguarding privacy of all personal patient data. We will not distribute such information to 3rd parties unless necessary for the provision of your healthcare.
To secure your first NHS checkup appointment a £10 administration deposit is payable, which will be refunded on completion of treatment. In the event the appointment is missed, the deposit is non-refundable. Appointments can be re-arranged with 48 hours notice.
To Register for Private or Cosmetic Treatment
To secure your first Private checkup appointment a £25 administration deposit is payable, which will be refunded on completion of treatment. In the event the appointment is missed, the deposit is non-refundable. Appointments can be re-arranged with 48 hours notice.
For all Checkup Appointments
Please bring the following documents with you:
- A list of any medications you are currently taking (prescribed and recreational/non-prescribed)
- Completed Medical History. You can download this in advance by clicking on Patient Medical History Form
- If you would like to bring your previous dental records please feel free to do so
- Hygienist Appointments can be booked online HERE
- Call into reception and book
- Or alternatively phone us on 028 38 322441
More details on Hygiene here at Magee Dental Care can be found on our Hygiene page HERE
Your 1st Dental Health Check
Please arrive 10mins early and check in with a member of our team on reception. The purpose of this visit is for you and your dentist to get to know each another and discuss your dental concerns. No treatment will be carried out at this appointment.
Your dental health check will include :
- Your dental history being taken.
- A thorough examination of your teeth and gums for signs of dental disease such as tooth decay or gum disease.
- An oral cancer screening – a full examination will be carried out on the soft and hard tissues of the mouth for signs of any abnormalities.
- Radiographs (X-rays) may need to be taken to help complete diagnosis. We use digital technology to minimize patient radiation dose exposure. Please tell your dentist if you are or suspect you are pregnant as radiographs and certain treatments should be avoided during pregnancy.
- Discussion with your dentist of the findings, your treatment options and any relevant risks.
Treatment Options and Costs
All treatments options are always discussed and explained clearly with any relevant risks, along with an estimate of the expected costs. Reception can make further treatment appointments if needed. If no treatment is required then future regular check-up appointments can be made at reception, on the phone or online.
Keeping us Informed
Any issues? Click on our Complaints Policy for information on making a complaint.
Cancellations and Broken Appointments
We always try to arrange appointments at a time convenient to our patients. We would be grateful if you would please give us at least 48 hours notice if you need to cancel your appointment. This enables us to make alternative arrangements.
A charge (£10 per 15 minutes – NHS & £20 per 15 minutes – Private) may be made if insufficient notice is given, or for missed appointments. Patients who habitually miss, cancel or arrive late for appointments could have their registration with the practice terminated.